Well-known for its savory Swedish meatballs, IKEA will be celebrating National Meatball Day (March 9th) with special restaurant offers, in-store activities, and more.
Here are some of the offers and activities your local IKEA store will be having (offers good on Thursday, March 9th only):
- $5 Off Coupon
- Visit IKEA-USA.com/food on March 9, 2017 for a $5 off coupon valid on
a purchase of $25 or more in the Swedish Food Market.
- IKEA Restaurant Offers
- Celebrating with a friend? We’ve got the deal for you! Buy one, get one free Meatball plate – with your choice of Swedish,
chicken, or vegetable balls – starting at $4.49.
- Put a southern twist on breakfast with Chicken &
Waffles (two chicken meatballs over a waffle with jam) for just $1!
- Swedish Food Market Offer
- Pick-up the essentials for Sweden’s No. 1 dish –
frozen meatballs, cream sauce, and lingonberry jam – for just $9.99!
- In-Store Activities
- For one-day only, guess how many IKEA meatballs are in
a jar for a chance to win four tickets to the annual Påskbord event, a
Swedish Easter feast that features a variety of dishes including
meatballs with mashed potatoes, smoked salmon, ham and more.
- Keep the kids entertained with a Småland coloring
page at the complimentary coloring station set up in the IKEA Restaurant.
- Not sure if you prefer Swedish, chicken or veggie balls? No problem! All IKEA stores will be offering samplings of all three in the showroom and Swedish Food Market.
For those looking to take their National Meatball Day celebration home, IKEA has a few recipes below that they’d highly recommend:
- Party meatballs
- Chicken meatball skewers
- Chicken meatballs with vegetable medallion
- Veggie ball avocado wrap
- Veggie balls with tomatoes and spinach
For additional recipe ideas and inspiration, visit IKEA-USA.com/food or look for recipe cards in your IKEA store. You can also check out the IKEA book “Food’s Ready.”
IKEA has offered the traditional Swedish (beef/pork) meatball since coming to the U.S. 31 years ago, making them one of longest running items available at IKEA in the U.S. However, the IKEA Food division has been rolling out new, high-quality, healthy food products to expand its offerings and meet the preferences of the many people. IKEA now offers chicken (KYCKLINGKÖTTBULLA) and veggie (GRÖNSAKSBULLAR) balls - in addition to the Swedish (KÖTTBULLAR) meatballs - giving customers more healthy and sustainable food options.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Globally, IKEA sells more than one billion meatballs per year (which is equal to 2.9 million per day).
- In the U.S., IKEA serves more than 56 million meatballs in the restaurant alone.