Okay, I am totally buying this today. This is my favorite time of year, and one of my most favorite things to do!
I love going to North Georgia (well, FURTHER NORTH) and picking apples, buying (and eating) fried apple pies, and hay rides! Nothing like Georgia in the mountains and in the Fall....Here are some details from today's Groupon deal from Reese Apple House:
Pluck apples, pet animals, and take familial hayride at historical, family-owned orchard nestled in scenic North Georgia Mountains
- Expires Oct 31, 2011
- Valid only for option purchased. Inventory subject to availability.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, giving you ample time to rifle through his office for hidden lollipops. Savor the sweet flavors of nature's candy with today's Groupon for an apple picking and orchard experience at B.J. Reece Apple House in Ellijay. Choose between two options:
- For $12, you get a package for two people (a $25 value). This package includes:
- Admission for two (a $4 value)
- A 1/4-peck of self-picked apples (a $4 value)
- A hayride for two (a $6 value)
- Petting farm admission for two (a $6 value)
- Apple cannon fun with one basket of apples (a $5 value)
- For $22, you get a package for four people (a $50 value). This package includes:
- Admission for four (an $8 value)
- Two 1/4-pecks of self-picked apples (an $8 value)
- A hayride for four (a $12 value)
- Petting farm admission for four (a $12 value)
- Apple cannon fun with two baskets of apples (a $10 value)
Surrounded by the fiery foliage of the North Georgia Mountains, B.J. Reece Apple House livens autumn agendas with scores of seasonal activities. Reece's U-Pick orchards dangle with edible jewels begging to be draped onto lips or placed atop of a family member's head for archery practice. Fill bags with a 1/4-peck of distinguished apple breeds, including red rome beauty, mutsu golden, future danish, and jonathan. Later, lug armfuls of pie supplies to B.J. Reece's petting farm where animals vie for attentive back-pats and sneak swigs of cider when no one is looking. In addition to hosting traditional hayrides, B.J. Reece boasts an apple cannon that challenges snipers to launch renegade fruit at distances of up to 500 feet. Those more interested in tasting the orchard's on-site freshness may drop in the newly remodeled bakery and nab butter-crusted pie stuffed with peaches, or a few apple-cider donuts recommended by one out of one Isaac Newtons.Visit the Groupon ATL website to purchase this deal. *This deal is only good for 2 days, and it's a fantastic price. Combine this deal with a trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, and you should be all set for the Fall season!